Is this role right for you?
A hands-on creative UI Design leader is needed for our global client, working at its HQ in Upstate New York.
Purpose of the Position:
- Our client is seeking a creative leader that can work across their internal teams to lead best practices required to drive measured improvements in reach and engagement with their marketing and communications platforms.
- The candidate will propose, develop and implement interface layouts, lead interaction design for interfaces, and extend the UI design capabilities to incorporate presentation techniques not yet adopted in their design systems.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Deliver creative UI Design options to meet user journey goals, improve user interactions and drive conversions on owned platform experiences.
- Create process wireframes, mockups, and prototypes in support of project work and to drive approval of recommended UI Design changes.
- Production of interface and UI design deliverables for implementation on platforms. Production and integration of new UI interaction and presentation techniques on platforms.
- Create roadmap of UI Design techniques and identify and remediate barriers to adoption, define needed skillsets and required partnerships to implement.
- Proactively identify when specialized skill sets are needed to deliver, including custom development.
- Create pattern library and ensure institutional knowledge is developed for solution re-use.
- Support UX User research and map user needs to interface design goals to support user journey goals, improve user access to information, and amplify desired conversions.
- Establish leadership and ownership over design systems for UI templates, components and extensions.
- Collaborate across analytics, content, visual design, and IT to drive implementation.
- Ensure concerns of analytics instrumentation and SEO are incorporated into the design. Identify and implement UI testing standards to ensure compatibility of interfaces with external ecosystem requirements (analytics, search, browsers, OS).
- Influence internal team members for adoption of best practices.
- Develop, test and implement incremental content and experience improvements on core WCMS platform(s). Identify opportunities to advance core platform experience capabilities to support emerging UX and UI trends not yet available in code base.
- Ensure that off-platform custom development is intentionally managed by exception and seamlessly integrated to avoid disjointed brand and experience.
- Develop full understanding of front-end technology solutions for Adobe Experience manager implementation driving corning.com to define compatibility of UI Designs. Develop standard processed for decisions on how to position and host public-facing experiences on corning.com (templatized and authorable in AEM or custom developed solutions).
- Collaborate with the Platforms and visual design resources to curate style guides, publishing guides, design systems, wireframes and design assets.
- Collaborate with system integrators to ensure proposed UI designs are technically feasible and then properly implemented.
- Stay current with and display knowledge of market trends and best practices for UI Design and front-end UI development technologies for responsive design.
- Research emerging trends and proactively assess technical feasibility and educate stakeholders on adoption and value proposition.
- Comfortable, visible, and proactive in a leadership role
- Leadership by example
- Proven track record of Interface Interaction design for interactive solutions
- Proven track record of UI Design delivery
- Proven track record for Motion design (graphics), animation and web depth of field (i.e. parallax)
- Interactive web design and experience working with technical platform delivery teams to drive implementation.
- Experience with various interactive content development and authoring/production tools
- Responsive design solutions
- Ability to gain support for ideas and through visual presentation and rapid iteration to demonstrate possibilities.
- Ability to work effectively with both technical and creative colleagues to drive change.
- Experience working in a face-paced agile environment
- Production of wireframes, prototyping, design systems, and pattern libraries.
- Subject matter expert on UI Design testing to ensure ecosystem requirements are met
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Assets
- Adobe Creative Suite for production (Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Adobe After Effects).
- Experience with Google Analytics
Desired Technical Skills/Experience:
- Renderings, 3D experiences
- Developing for Adobe Experience Manager WCMS
- Development and management of Adobe Experience Manager interfaces for responsive design
- Experience with immersive content development 3D / AR / VR
- 5+ years leading Interaction and UI Design
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Formal training on user experience, web design and development, and/or Human Computer Interaction preferred
- Proven experience leading cross-functional stakeholders
Our client focuses on building a diverse global workforce where differences are celebrated, and employees feel safe bringing their “whole selves” to work.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.
apply for this role:
Please complete the form below: *Required
other jobs in this sector