Is this role right for you?
We are recruiting for a Platforms & UX/UI Design Manager for our global client, with its HQ in Upstate New York. Our client focuses on building a diverse global workforce where differences are celebrated, and employees feel safe bringing their “whole selves” to work.
Our client is seeking to refresh and revitalize their brand strategy and how the brand is expressed and experienced by target audiences across marketing and communications channels. They are seeking a versatile Manager to enable the brand refresh strategies on their platforms, establish UX and UI best practices across platforms, and lead and develop their communications UX and UI professionals to deliver to plans and opportunities.
The manager will be responsible for driving reach and engagement with our clients key messages and narratives on their owned channels and platforms through; leading an organization to drive data driven UX processes, UI design, delivery of new platform experience techniques, enabling content publishing and content lifecycle best practices, and ensuring alignment to brand governance.
The right candidate for this position is a hands-on UX leader with a desired work history leading agency or business teams across UX & analytics, UI design and design systems methodologies, front-end development, content publishing solutions and content promotion strategies.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead the transformation of our clients Corporate Communications team in planning and implementing new UX and UI design approaches for their owned platforms. Translate communications and business needs and capabilities into an effective information architecture, navigation, interface layout, and interaction design and that resonates with customers, aligns with their expectations, and helps them to achieve their goals.
- Collaboration with campaign and communications plan leaders, content writers, analytics specialists, and design team members to ensure cross-functional teams are assembled and activated to improve UX and UI experiences.
- Identify opportunities, propose design options and gain support, assign work and manage deliverables to expected best practices for UX and UI delivery.
- Hands-on delivery of UX deliverables to lead team transformation and skills building by providing work product that serves as the standard example for improving experience.
- Establish all UX and UI Design production tools and processes, including but not limited to; wireframing, prototyping, design systems, pattern libraries, DAM, and UI testing capabilities. Mentor design team members to adopt.
- Manage direct and extended reports for platforms and UX/UI Design team, assigning work to drive UX and UI Design improvements in project delivery, ensuring platform health and readiness in response to external ecosystem requirements (analytics, SEO/SEM, Browser and Operating Systems), and ensuring robust ongoing maintenance practices.
- Establish standard creative production software to enable new design treatments (Motion graphics, animations, renderings, parallax, 3D, etc.).
- Mentor design team members to adopt and produce creative treatments for implementation on platforms and web content management systems.
- Establish UI development framework standards for UI design approaches and ensure compatibility with hosting platforms and Web Content Management Systems.
- Ensure analytics instrumentation and SEO compatibility of interfaces and establish targeting and personalization capabilities on platforms.
- Participate in Governance forums and submit funding proposals for platform advancements. Ensure required team investments for software, hardware, and productivity solutions are requested.
- Ensure design artifacts and work products are managed as valuable assets (style guides, publishing guides, design systems, pattern libraries wireframes and creative assets).
- Proven leadership of UX and UI design programs
- Ability to gain support for ideas and proposals to marketing, communications colleagues and senior audiences through effective communications and presentations.
- Ability to direct both technical and creative colleagues to drive change.
- Ability to work at speed to capitalize on emerging opportunities in the context of evolving communications needs.
- Ability for rapid iteration to demonstrate possibilities
- Experience with hands-on delivery of UX, UI Design
- Experience with interactive content development and authoring/production tools
- Responsive Design expertise
Desired Technical Skills/Experience:
- Leadership of e-Commerce UX and UI Design experiences a plus
- Experience with immersive content development 3D / AR / VR
- Immersive experience authoring solutions
- Mobile App Design experience
- 10+ years leading teams for UX and UI Design for a global brand
- Experience designing for leading experience management and WMCS platforms
- Bachelor’s degree required. Focus on user experience, web design and development, and/or Human Computer Interaction preferred
- Training in User Centered Design processes
- Proven experience leading initiatives across integrated communications teams involving communications and marketing leaders, content producers, design teams, and analytics leaders
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.
apply for this role:
Please complete the form below: *Required
other jobs in this sector