We have an opportunity in the US for a Sales Manager to lead and inspire a team of Account Development Managers each managing different business areas. Your team will develop business within existing accounts and you’ll also lead by example and take responsibility for your own revenue target.
Our client, with UK headquarters, is a global player in the stock photography market. What you’ll be doing …
- You’ll coach team members to optimize performance via a continual conversation, active listening and skilled questioning approach
- You’ll collaborate and involve the team on implementing strategy within target market, motivating your team to exceed targets by articulating the vision into practical solutions.
- Set quarterly targeted performance and personal objectives that align with business goals and be accountable for team targets
- Recruit and onboard new talent, demonstrating an excellent knowledge of the market and resource management to build high performing teams
- Report team sales performance, identifying and formulating plans for any areas for concern and manage expenditure budget across the team.
Account Development Sales
What you’ll need …
- You’ll strive to exceed annual sales targets for a selection of existing customers
- Manage and develop assigned and newly registered customers under a contract with a revenue commitment
- Strive to understand the prospective customer, identifying opportunities and tailoring your approach for growth with accounts at every possible touchpoint
- Adopting a portfolio management approach to high level spending accounts, reviewing performance regularly and forming strong professional relationships to enhance the customer experience
- Network and build relationships with customer contacts ranging from picture researchers to procurement and senior management, in order to optimize and grow revenue across the whole organization
- Calculate and roll out preferential price agreements to secure repeat business and commitment-based contracts
- Prepare, arrange and carry out tailored, high-quality on brand presentations to existing customers as well as help organize and attend relevant trade shows
- Provide data-led, and objective, projections to support with forecasting and reforecasting
To be successful in this role you will already have a proven track record of success in a sales management role and be used to creating a tailored approach to business development for short- and long-term gain.
You’ll also need;
- Proven success in developing and implementing strategy in line with company vision and values
- Previous success developing and managing a high performing team
- Great communication skills and confident communicating with senior customers and stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment and at times under pressure
- Previous experience of reaching accurate decisions, both quickly and confidently, based on data
- A proven track record of creating connections throughout a global business, with both your teams and stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills, able to adapt approach to suit a wide-ranging customer base
- Strong negotiation skills, responsive and creative with a keen visual sense when recommending imagery
- Knowledge of the basic fundamental legal considerations, including Copyright, when working with photography would be beneficial as would familiarity with customer management systems, specifically SalesForce
Please note that whilst this job can be carried out remotely you will need to work New York hours
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.