Is this role right for you?
We are looking for an Assistant Financial Controller to join our clients team and support the UK HQ finance function for a minimum period of 6mths.
You will provide support to the Finance Controller and the team on all aspects of finance and seek to constantly improve the process, systems and controls in line with the company growth and development of new systems within the business.
Based in the London offices a minimum of 2 days a week, the right candidate will join a dynamic and growing business adapting content for any audience, anywhere.
Headquartered in London, our clients provides a full suite of dubbing, subtitling, captioning, voice-over, translation and post-production services within the broadcast and corporate communications industries. With more than 30 years of experience and over 22 state-of-the-art facilities worldwide, our client is one of the world’s leading localisation companies.
We are looking for a strong candidate to join our clients London team and support the UK HQ finance function. They will provide support to the Finance Controller and the team on all aspects of finance and seek to constantly improve the process, systems and controls in line with the company growth and development of new systems within the business.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work for a company where they can make a real contribution and play a key role in shaping the business.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, the successful candidate will work closely with the London Business Units to produce monthly management accounts for the UK based entities.
- Managing the London finance function ensuring internal processes and controls are communicated, followed and continuously improved in line with the business needs and group controllership policies
- Producing the monthly Management Accounts Reporting Pack within the set deadlines ensuring high quality and accurate reporting. Perform high-level monthly reviews of results and provide summary reports to the Finance Controller for final review, with a summary of areas of good performance & concerns, and a detailed variance analysis of turnover, COS and overheads.
- Monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations ensuring items have supporting documentation, are complete, correctly valued and accounted for including but not limited to Fixed Asset schedules, Overhead Accruals, Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger balances.
- Ensure the company finance polices are clearly understood and adhered to across the company. Critically evaluate all accounting policies in place, ensure all documentation is available and recommend improvements where possible. Ensure all updates, reference material and inductions are carried out/provided, so that all employees are aware of and compliant with them.
- Manage a team by providing mentoring, coaching, support, guidance and development opportunities. Ensuring department objectives are worked on collectively and met and these are aligned with the wider finance, company and group objectives.
- Provide support with the UK audit and tax process liaising with external personnel and Group Finance as required.
- Assist in ensuring that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth. Participate in systems changes / upgrades and provide control over the process for the London entity.
- Ensure the UK HQ finance team act as subject matter experts / key users to support the group controllership in the rollout of consistent internal policies, processes and systems in other subsidiaries.
Essential skills and experience
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Proven track record of managing own time and team in order to deliver routine local controllership processes as well as complex improvement projects coordinated by other stakeholders where a fundamental contribution from the local controllership team is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with all levels across the business.
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High integrity and openness, combined with commitment to good governance.
- Commercially astute, articulate and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Dynamic, highly motivated, with an inquiring mind and a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
For a fuller spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted
apply for this role:
Ref: Job ID: 32778
Please complete the form below: *Required
other jobs in this sector