Is this role right for you?
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to maximise our clients revenues from a designated client base across all products & events. You will maximise commercial revenues from your brand and work alongside your colleagues to maximise revenues across your market. Reporting to the Commercial Director your working relationships will include external agencies/clients both existing and new,
Our client is the authoritative voice within its sporting domain. With a brand that is synonymous with the sport, this is an opportunity to join an iconic name within the sector. The ideal candidate will have experience selling across a B2C brand and an understanding of working with external agencies
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Day to day responsibility for maximising profitable business revenues from your client base.
- Generate, sell, negotiate, close and secure new business opportunities and achieve the monthly revenue targets set by your line manager.
- Account manage, maintain and develop existing client base in order to achieve revenue in line with expectations set by your line manager.
- Ensure you are responsible for generating maximum revenue from your client base in accordance with targets/leads.
- Through understanding of your market you should, as an ongoing process, identify new revenue opportunities from your brand and client base.
- Negotiate rates in line with sales objectives (including yield and share strategies).
- Prove with your own clients that you can transform new or existing business into key accounts.
- Achieve monthly sales targets and KPI’s as set by your line manager.
- Increase new business opportunities and client numbers.
- Create and deliver creative solutions across all products including Magazine, website, podcasts, events, specials.
- Deliver a post sales service to deliver key performance indicators to clients especially on digital sales.
- Maintain contact with key decision makers within your client base.
- Proactively service customers, developing strong relationships and keeping clients up to date with initiatives .
- Understand and detail the structure your clients & agencies.
- Ensure that you are servicing clients as per (or over and above) any service level agreements.
- Execute plans successfully to deliver additional revenue where applicable.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of your brands and products, market and competitor products/positioning.
- Produce accurate leads as requested by your line manager against targets.
- Monitor sales progress through market share and project sales on a weekly/monthly basis for your assigned client base.
- Understand the traffic figures/circulation and content of your competitors.
- Ensure effective use of appropriate and most up to date sales/market information including reader/user surveys and reader/user market research studies.
- Understand your clients’ business, key objectives and business drivers.
You may be required to work outside of the set company hours in order to best represent your brand. This may include weekend and evening work e.g. client trips, shows, awards ceremonies etc.
Hybrid working available: Minimum 3 days per week in the office
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.
apply for this role:
Ref: Job ID: 32862
Please complete the form below: *Required
other jobs in this sector