Is this role right for you?
Our global client is looking for an Event Manager to join their New York team. The Event Manager reports to and works closely with the Director of Conference Operations on events from conception to completion. They will collaborate on the planning and delivery of a variety of event types focused on private capital and project manage many elements of the event planning and execution process.
This role would suit an ambitious, articulate, organized, and confident event manager with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to concurrently plan multiple events, who is looking to take the next step in their career. Prior experience within complex high-end in-person and virtual events is essential along with the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment.
Given the current virtual and hybrid formats this role also requires experience and competencies within event platforms and software systems as well as a fast learner who can onboard quickly across multiple platforms.
- End to end project management – in person, virtual, and hybrid events.
- Facilitate the execution of all event logistics, resulting in the delivery of high quality and profitable events.
- Including but not limited to: hotel BEO planning and room block management, onsite/virtual vendors, budget management, customer questions submitted to the general inboxes, creation of event assets and other projects.
- Support with vendor relationships and agreements (sourcing, contract review, logistics communication etc.)
- Collaborate on all webinar and networking operations needs including pre-event coordination, running the live event and recording all post event data.
- Use of various event software platforms (Swapcard, REMO, Go To Webinar, etc.) and SalesForce
- Collaborate on the pre-event planning and kick off as well as the post-event evaluation and de-brief process for annual events.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and as a member of a team.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Research, develop and implement ideas to enhance and grow our events as directed
- Additional responsibilities to be determined
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3-5 years of events experience – Prior experience working on in-person and virtual events is required
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent and effective communication skills both written/email and on the phone.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and multi-task across several complex events
- Ability to manage budgets
- Reliable team player with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and with multiple people, at any given time.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours as required
- Passion for the job
- Able to outperform in a fast-paced environment
- Travel within the United States is required.
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.
apply for this role:
Ref: Job ID: 32441
Please complete the form below: *Required
other jobs in this sector