Is this role right for you?
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Global Partnerships to join our clients growing team. Our client has a strong content and commercial offering that lends itself to strategic partnerships across a number of sectors, including Social Media Platforms, DAM, Creative marketplaces, Digital advertising, Content marketing, Website builders and Print on demand. You’ll be accountable for taking ownership of the strategic partnerships function, responsible for identifying new partnership opportunities and making them happen, as well as, managing the initial relationship with existing strategic partners once they’ve been secured. Reporting into the DOO, you’ll collaborate with the SLT to drive results and influence the strategic direction of the partnerships function.
This role can be based in US or Europe.
You’ll have a proven track record of defining a partnerships strategy and executing it to achieve revenue targets. This will involve identifying and evaluating opportunities that can scale and ultimately winning business through negotiating commercial partnerships, taking them from concept through to market roll out. You are comfortable in technical conversations without being involved in the detail or the work, you are an effective stakeholder who can bring clarity and drive to the needs of the partnership function. You’ll thrive in an environment of clear, continuous communication and global collaboration and be able to successfully manage priorities and deliver results in a dynamic setting. You’ll embrace change, seeking opportunities through curiosity and demonstrate a growth mindset.
- Reviewing the market for potential partnerships, evaluating opportunities and communicating the business case to the DOO and other senior stakeholders to get their buy in and support
- Working with the DOO to ensure that prospective partnerships align with our clients vision, business goals and strategy
- Leading the development of a strategic portfolio of partnerships, agreements and contracts with senior purchasers, users and suppliers of visual content to optimise growth and increase revenue
- Proactively initiating new partnership discussions, finding your way to the key decision-making customers, strategic partners or content contributors in the target partners business
- Creating commercial proposals and defining a value proposition that will deliver significant ROI for both parties
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts with new partners, securing renewal of partnerships where appropriate
- Once commercials have been agreed for the individual partnership, you’ll take responsibility for successfully implementing them and managing performance to the point of handover
- Working with the Product and Development functions to deliver a market relevant and progressive and fit for purpose API solution.
- Meeting with stakeholders and partners regularly to ensure effective understanding of market direction and opportunities and risks that may impact on the goals and the strategy and sharing and acting on these as appropriate
- Representing the business area at a senior level both externally in the market at events and conferences, and internally across the Group as required
- Flexibility to work within various time zones and travel as business needs require
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record of defining a partnerships strategy and executing it to achieve revenue targets
- Experience of defining the value proposition for strategic partnerships and defining how commercial and strategic success will be measured
- Very strong commercial and contract negotiation experience
- Experience of proactively sourcing opportunities, building and managing a pipeline and tailoring approach to achieve success
- Skilled presenter, able to adapt approach to suit a wide-ranging customer base
- A true hunter, able to network and engage at a level that displays professionalism and business acumen while establishing a rapport and gaining trust
- Commercially minded, able to articulate and present solutions that demonstrate a clear ROI
- Demonstrable experience of reaching accurate decisions, both quickly and confidently, based on data
- A track record of working successfully with technical and product teams to deliver solutions, working knowledge of API solutions from a functional perspective a distinct advantage
- Positively questions the status quo in order to achieve a better outcome
- Has total alignment to, and a passion for, the vision, values and business goals
- Can negotiate and influence at a senior level and builds credible external networks
- Keeps up to date with industry trends and developments and uses and shares this information to logically analyse the market, informing the business case for any decisions and opportunities
- Resilient and tenacious, able to work at pace and adapt to change
- Works well under pressure, able to make good judgements, decisions and meet conflicting deadlines
- A relentless learner who continually demonstrates a growth mindset
- Self-aware with the ability to actively listen and ask relevant questions
- Able to provide and receive constructive feedback and act on this with a genuine desire to improve theirs and their colleagues’ performance
- Is accountable – always
- Knowledge of the basic fundamental legal considerations, including Copyright, when working with photography would be beneficial
We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.
apply for this role:
Ref: Job ID: 32634
Please complete the form below: *Required
other jobs in this sector