Is this role right for you?
We are looking for a talented, data driven, self-motivated Product Marketing Manager to join our clients growing organisation.
To be successful in this role you will become an expert on the product’s capabilities and ensure that all marketing activities are aligned with the business objectives. You will be expected to be the chief advocate for their products and their value. Bringing new products, features and services to market. Working closely with their Technology, Sales and Marketing team on functional specifications, USPs, event content and go to market strategies (GTMS). Additionally, you will be charged with crafting the strategy around the messaging and marketing for each product and their future update releases. You will have a direct impact on driving our customer growth every day. You will be the internal expert on the competitive landscape and help optimise their product marketing sales process and collateral, giving our sales team a competitive edge.
The ideal candidate will be data driven, tenacious and leave no stones unturned in the quest for answers and solving problems. You will be comfortable communicating with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally. You will also be highly numeric, focused on delivering on KPI’s and ensuring that all marketing activities are tested, measured and reported on.
Our client is a leading provider of business intelligence, data and insights on the global asset management industry. They provide high-value, specialist business information to niche target audiences in the alternative and traditional fund management industries and employ over 460 staff globally with a head office based in London.
- Clearly articulate concepts, proposals, the vision, and bringing our new products to market.
- Being the key point of contact in the Go-To-Market-Strategy (GTMS). Working closely with a wider Marketing Team, Sales, Product and Technology Team.
- Listening to customers and building strategy based on market requirements and trends.
- Work with customer success managers to understand our users and their product requirements.
- Develop the messaging framework and propositions for key products, integrations and relevant projects
- Create content alongside the Marketing Team (e.g. sales documentation, product videos, website copy) highlighting benefits and use cases of products.
- Work with the marketing team to create and manage multi-channel marketing campaigns to generate demand for the product.
- Together with the product team, train and support sales and customer success teams on new tools and products.
- Assist sales on calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Find advocates through relationships with the sales team and via social media, then nurture them and help them promote our cause.
- Collect and analyse data that supports solutions in the market to buyers.
- Take full responsibility for driving, developing and implementing the core content for sales enablement, aligned to business priorities, working closely with product specialists and sales to deliver the content required.
- Communicate the vision and value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process.
- Plan and participate in the launch of new services and products which involve several different departments.
- Brief the press and PR teams about new products.
- Timely delivery of all product content and collateral required, working closely with product specialists and sales.
- Run customer events and webinars to increase engagement and build a community
- Take ownership of all customer product related communications including regular product updates.
- Build out a bank of case studies to enable the sales and marketing team in their lead generation efforts.
- Manage the implementation, tracking and measurement of all product campaigns.
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data.
- Speak and present about products to both external and internal audiences.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of these plans.
- Ideally 6+ years proven experience in product marketing roles.
- Proven experience in technical product marketing.
- Understanding of SaaS products.
- Built multiple go to market strategies.
- Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and engaging way to different audiences.
- Research skills: A crucial part of this role will be gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build easy relationships with different teams to capture ideas and extract relevant and timely information. As a Product Marketing Manager you will have to collaborate with multiple teams across the business. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, press and PR and senior executives.
- Strong project management skills, including an ability to move projects forward. Ability to operate in a growth environment and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work effectively in a team – someone who is collaborative, flexible, reliable, with a strong ‘can do attitude’.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will frequently have to present new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
- Experience working in another fast-growing technology company
- Experience within B2B financial technology or data intelligence business
- Proven experience in Product Marketing
- Data-driven with an analytical mind-set
- Experience in market analysis
- An excellent level of written and verbal English
- Strong project management ability
- Highly organised with outstanding attention to detail
- Experience in key technologies: Salesforce, Pardot, Content Management Systems (WordPress), Google Analytics, website technologies
Essential soft skills
- Positive about change; flexible and adaptable to work effectively in a growth environment
- Strong team worker and contribute to our 'one team' culture – high levels of cooperation and communication
- Energy, drive and resilience
- Passionate about creating a customer service-based mentality, both internally and externally
- Professional, enthusiastic and fun
- Friendly, approachable and helpful
- Honest, discreet, trustworthy
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative
- Commitment to personal development
We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.
apply for this role:
Ref: Job ID: 32576
Please complete the form below: *Required
other jobs in this sector