Is this role right for you?
I am looking for a Python Developer who will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and its end users, as well as translating UI/UX designs & wireframes to code. This role will also be responsible for the design and overall architecture of various web applications and evolve them to ensure maximum performance and stability.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are someone with a strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process, and you are an expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, or Flask and working knowledge of React.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You will be working as a part of a collective of engineers and designers collaborating on a key account for the business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Architecture design of web applications.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements.
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience developing web applications.
- Solid communication skills / soft skills, and attention to detail.
- Expert in Python and Django
- Working knowledge of React
- Working knowledge of MySQL
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Standard 3rd party API integration and oAuth2.
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests is a nice to have.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git or Mercurial.
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bower, Webpack, Gulp, Bundler, grunt, etc.
- Understanding of using Docker as a virtual machine
You must be able to live and work in the UK.
No sponsorship for this position.
apply for this role:
Ref: Job ID: 32356
Please complete the form below: *Required
other jobs in this sector