Is this role right for you?
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Digital designer to join my clients hardworking digital development team in London. This role is responsible for the look and feel of all the company’s website, social, subscriber and event visuals, as well as working closely with the Studio team to deliver digitally innovative responses to client briefs and co-branded projects. The ideal candidate will be organised, meticulous and have a passion for digital media, with the ability to balance both creative, UX and performance goals to deliver the best possible product to clients and internal stakeholders. Reporting to the head of digital and audience, this role works closely with the digital development team to craft creative yet functional site designs to be deployed across our portfolio and is also responsible for managing the workflow of junior digital media designer. Experience with publishing is essential for this position.
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Lead the look-and-feel for digital touch points, assets, and artwork across all channels, including site, social, subscriber, and event visuals
- Self-manage multiple cross-departmental projects at once, including the workflow and responsibilities of a Junior Digital Media Designer
- Work collaboratively on all digital design briefs from across the company including the digital, social, and editorial teams
- Work with the digital development team, including front and back-end developers, to create site designs that are visually led, dynamic and ensure positive user experience across their portfolio
- Brainstorm and execute new, exciting ways to showcase editorial and commercial vision through compelling images, dynamic assets, and motion graphics
- Challenge briefs to achieve best practice, resulting in better digital performance, improved UX and conversion for clients
- Work collaboratively with the print team, including their print art director, to push the company-wide branding and visual identity objectives forward
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with publishing is essential for this position.
- Expert knowledge of digitally focused design and digital media formats
- 5+ years of experience working on fast-paced design projects with a strong portfolio covering multiple channels; digital advertising, website design, UX/UI design, social (organic and paid), eCRM
- Degree in graphic design or related field preferred
- Extensive knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with digital design and prototyping software such as Sketch, Figma or Adobe XD
- Experience working with developers and ability to produce detailed responsive digital designs to be built
- Experience leading on design projects and managing other designers desired
- Adobe After Effects and motion graphics experience desired
- Basic knowledge of CSS and HTML a plus
- A clean eye for design and desire to stay on-trend within the online publishing industry
- Ability to take on and balance multiple streams of constructive feedback to accomplish overall department objectives
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
No sponsorship for this role.
You must be able to live and work in the UK.
apply for this role:
Ref: Job ID: 32423
Please complete the form below: *Required
other jobs in this sector