Is this role right for you?
We are currently searching for an Archive Researcher, with a minimum 2 years experience in this field, to join our clients fabulous team.
Office based in East London, the ideal candidate will be used to working to tight deadlines, commercially minded and be passionate about archive footage.
The role involves working on multiple projects within a day so prioritisation and focus are key.
Are you hardworking, organised and flexible? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact within a dynamic company? If so, please read on.
● Finding and delivering relevant content from our clients collections that fits clients’ requests within the specified time frame.
● Efficiently selecting and creating clips from the collections to ensure that that the most commercial content is easily discoverable by clients.
● Collaboratively QCing work across the team.
● Prioritising tasks based on departmental objectives.
● Working with the team to improve systems, processes and search data quality in the department.
● Training new team members on Research and Content Operations tasks
● Carrying out searches across the DAM and Dropbox to find relevant clips to fit clients’ requests within their required timeframe and brief.
● Using basic video editing software to create and relevantly title clips for clients.
● Occasionally liaising with clients about their archive requests in a professional and engaging manner
● Maintaining research standards including relevancy, accuracy of metadata and that time taken adheres to guidelines.
● Liaising with the Sales team to plan the best approach for research jobs.
● Selecting and creating commercial clips for the website, uploading clips and checking metadata.
● Shotlisting, adding metadata to commercial content.
● Creating and uploading clips for the YouTube channel.
● Working with the team to set a priority list of content to be added to the database, website and YouTube guided by commerciality training and departmental priorities.
● Regularly updating metadata on existing records to improve search data quality.
● Ensure that required data is filled in accurately and in a timely manner for each task including but not limited to CRM records and Google spreadsheets.
● Accurately fill out required OKR and KPI data, report this back to line manager regularly and work to ensure that set targets are met.
● Collaboratively working with the team to improve efficiency in the department,such as:
○ Accurately tracking own time spent using Toggl and attending regular meetings to discuss time tracking data
○ Bringing ideas to improve systems and processes
● Training new members of the team, collaborative QC checks on team members’ work across Research and Content Operations
● Informing and educating the wider company on new content
Skills and Experience Essential
● A minimum of 2years experience working in archive research within a footage archive or documentary/ film production companies
● Proven ability to work quickly to tight deadlines.
● Proven commercial sensibility
● Great prioritisation skills
● Experience working independently, making decisions and working autonomously
● Knowledge of decade and location identifiers within archival footage
● Experience using basic video editing software eg Final Cut Pro
● Knowledge of video formats, resolutions and codecs
● A passion for archival footage and documentaries
Non Essential but desired
● DAM experience
● Experience with Youtube or website clip uploads
● Metadata optimisation for search skills
For a complete spec please register your interest. We reget only successful candidates will be contacted.
Ref: Job ID: 32873
Please complete the form below: *Required