Is this role right for you?
Our client is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today. Home to three award winning agencies,their people are at the heart of everything they do and the biggest asset.
They are looking for a Business Development Manager to join them and build new partnerships across all three of their award-winning commerce marketing agencies. This is a really exciting opportunity!
Their agencies are based across the UK and they operate a hybrid working model, so if you are based in London or Manchester, we want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
They pride themselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Work to achieve budgeted growth ambitions; meeting or exceeding defined margin targets per agency.
- Support setting financial targets in budgeting moments as requested.
- Provide accurate and insightful reporting of progress towards defined financial targets; define and discuss notable trends and actions to fast track the conversion of opportunities.
- Work autonomously across the business development cycle; unlock new in-market relationships as well as pitch and close new opportunities including the development of commercial proposals.
- Use a blend of engagement tactics to drive traction with key contacts including colder outreach, entertainment, events (attendance and co-ordination), awards, content development and distribution etc. Keep a pulse on 'what works' and proactively shape business development tactics accordingly.
- Ensure all sales resources are best in class to support conversion efforts.
- Take a consultative approach to in-market conversations; unlock a detailed understanding of the needs of potential partners and map back key services by agency.
- Work as part of a small, specialist and determined team to knowledge share and maximise opportunities.
- Work in collaboration with each agency and department lead (Managing Director through to Client Director) to knowledge share insight on in-market barriers to purchase, creating plans to address these.
- Champion Business Development across the group, work to drive excitement for the department across wider colleagues.
- Support marketing efforts, creating and distributing key content, attending events etc.
- Own/support (scale depending) any up front consultation work with potential partners to sharpen our understanding of needs; this can include interviewing key stakeholders etc.
- People management (if appropriate).
What you'll need to have / be
- A proven track record of delivering business growth in a fast-paced environment.
- A blend of strong commercial acumen and creative thinking.
- A high degree of autonomy with a drive to succeed.
- A strong problem solving/analytical mind-set, not afraid to challenge the norm.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skill set.
The best bits Our client is dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving their benefits package to offer the best that they can.
- Generous discretionary bonus scheme
- £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
- £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
- Free headspace subscription
- 4pm Friday finishes all year round
- Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.
apply for this role:
Ref: Job ID: 32715
Please complete the form below: *Required
other jobs in this sector